How to download, install and use Steam on a Windows PC
Here’s how to download and install Steam on a Windows PC.
How to download and install Steam on Windows
To download and install Steam on your Windows computer, you need to follow the steps below:
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar, and a new tab will open directly to the official Steam download page.
- Press the Install Steam button, and the file will automatically download to your computer. Steam will recognize your operating system and prepare the correct file for you.
- Open the file when the download is complete, and the installation wizard will open.
- Click the Next button to get started, and then choose your preferred language.
- Choose the folder location, or use the default option, where Steam will be installed. Then click the Install button.
- When the installation is complete, press the Finish button, and Steam will open on your computer.
How to Set Up a Steam Account
- If you’ve never used Steam before, you will need to create a free account.
- The first time you open the Steam app, click on the Create Account button.
- A new window will open. Enter your email address and country of residence in the appropriate fields. Prove you aren’t a robot by checking off the Captcha box, confirm that you’re over 13 years old, and press the Continue button.
- Steam will send a verification link to your email. After you press the link, you can return to the account creation page.
- Choose your Steam name and password and click Done.
- Your account is now active. You can log in to Steam and download and play games.
How to Uninstall Steam
To uninstall Steam from your computer, follow these simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar.
- Find Steam in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to delete Steam, and Windows will remove it, and all your games, from the computer.
With over 16 million active users, Steam is one of the most popular gaming platforms in the world. There are over 20,000 games on Steam, and new titles are always being added. While many of the games are either completely free or have free demo versions, there are some games that you have to purchase to play.